Do you dislike “free stuff” offered online as a subtle trick to sell you something? To get on someone’s mailing list so they can SPAM you daily? We do too. We believe in mailing lists IF they allow you to choose how and what you are receiving. And the information in pertinent and valuable and not too frequent. We also allow you to stop receiving emails altogether (‘Opting out’).
We email volunteers traveling abroad, those doing charity work and clients that have either visited our site or asked a question or for a quote for international health and travel insurance. But at Good Neighbor, our aim is offering valuable, informative travel resources online or via email. Our aim is to actually help you make better international travel plans and use health insurance overseas to protect your business or family, and save money, if injured abroad or become sick overseas. We’ll help answer your questions even if your international health or travel insurance is with another company. We just think it’s the ‘Good Neighborly’ thing to do. However, if we can help you get great travel health insurance at an affordable price, we’re happy to offer our unique brand of personalized service and overseas expertise.
Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure of Information
You as a customer or user of our products may ask to be removed from future promotion, use and disclosure of your information at any time. Please note that in doing so, GNI will suspend its provision of any products and services to you. If you unsubscribe to an email, your email address and name will be withdrawn from that particular list. If you wish to be removed entirely from receiving any communications from us, please make that request at
After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), GNI may keep your personal information in its archives. Your information will then be used only as necessary for tax reasons or to prove GNI’s records are in compliance with any applicable laws.
All customer account information at www.goodshorttermhealthinsurance.com is strictly confidential. We do not sell our customer list or make it available to others. We do not share customer information with travel partners or any other entity, such as an insurance carrier or underwriter, except upon your request. Customer information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, fax number and billing information is collected for the sole purpose of providing services to our customers and notifying them of improvements and updates to their international health insurance products and related services.
From time to time, we send special offers and promotional notices via mail, email, fax and/or voice recording to our customers and to prospects who have expressed interest in health insurance for non-profits overseas or as a summer volunteer (or other form of voluntourism), and have requested such information. At any time, you may opt out of such offers and notifications by following the opt-out link on the specific communication or by contacting us directly. These emails will originate either from gninsurance.com, InfusionSoft or Lyris.
Customer Lead Information
All leads generated by our customers and data stored for our customers are held and protected in strict confidence either on-site, or at Infusionsoft.
Infusionsoft will never directly contact our customer leads, nor do we sell to or share customers’ lead information with any other party such as, but not limited to, InfusionSoft.
GNI limits its collection of personal information to only that information which is necessary for the identified purposes. GNI does not direct its site to, nor does it knowingly, collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen.
SUMMARY: Purpose for Collecting Personal Information
GNI collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
- to understand customer needs regarding GNI’s services;
- to fulfill your requests for products, services or information;
- to communicate with customers and site visitors, when necessary, and to inform customers of updated information, as well as changes and other products and services available from GNI, or plans offered by third parties;
- to help those seeking international health and travel insurance to access certain features and help find content on GNI’s site(s);
- to personalize some of our services and products for you and to deliver specific information (according to your expressed interest) from GNI ;
- to bill accounts and maintain payment records;
- to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, or to address our reasonable belief, that you are violating the rights of any third party or any of the agreements or policies that govern your use of the GNI site or any GNI product or service;
- to protect the services, products or rights of GNI, including but not limited to the security or integrity of the GNI site; and
- to identify and resolve technical problems concerning GNI’s site, products and services.
Third Party Vendors
Updated 08-27-2015 • Good Neighbor Insurance, LLC